Ladew Topiary Gardens

Named One of the Top 5 Gardens
in North America

Picture of the Main Hall in the Manor House at Ladew Gardens

Manor House - Main Hall

Upon entering the house you immediately get a sense of Mr. Ladew’s passion for the hunt,
the arts and found treasures. The walls are adorned with paintings and needlepoint works of the hunt.

At the base of the stairs sits a wooden boot jack for removing knee high boots, a double headed
spur rack rests on the entry table and an umbrella rack holds a ceremonial racing whip.

The Main Hall was added in 1847 by the Scarff family. The beautiful sweeping staircase has low risers and wide treads to accommodate the long skirts that were in fashion during that time. This staircase is one of four in the Manor House and leads to Mr. Ladew’s bedroom and sitting room.

Edit Album Re-Order the Album Images

Main Hall

Click image to view larger

  • house_mirror.jpg
  • house_front.jpg
  • house_entance.jpg
  • house_mortgage.jpg

House interior photographs copyright Helen Norman Photography.