AN OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERYONE
Whether guiding school groups through our beautiful gardens, assisting the horticulture staff maintaining those gardens, or sharing the wonders of our native butterfly house, Ladew volunteers are highly valued members of our family.
We offer numerous opportunities in many of our departments for volunteers of all ages, abilities, interests, and availability. The contributions of our volunteers, both with the public and behind the scenes, are invaluable.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Butterfly House Docent – Welcome visitors and share the fascinating life cycle of caterpillars and butterflies and their interdependence with native plants. Training is required.
- Children’s Programs – Assist in teaching children to understand and respect nature through field trips, summer camps, preschool programs, and special events. Training and a background check are required.
- Gardens & Nature Walk Maintenance – Work side by side with our professional horticulture staff to help weed and maintain the Gardens and Nature Walk. Tools are provided.
- Garden Docent – Guide tour groups through our beautiful gardens. Training is required.
- Special Events – Greet visitors and assist staff with Garden Festival, Mother’s Day, Garden Glow, Christmas Open House, and other special dinners and events.
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER FAMILY
If you are interested in joining the Ladew Volunteer program, please visit www.LadewGardens.VolunteerHub.com and start by creating an account, which serves as your application. After reviewing your information, we will reach out and invite you to sign up for the many exciting events and opportunities available for you at Ladew.
If you have any questions or need assistance with signing up, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Lori Spencer, at 410-557-9570, ext. 224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teach Children about Nature: Volunteer Training Course
Tuesday, April 11, Friday, April 14, Friday, April 21, Tuesday, April 25 | 9 am – 12:00 pm
Train to become a tour leader for children’s school field trips. Learn about plants and animals of the gardens, general ecology concepts, and outdoor teaching techniques. Free registration. Background checks required.
To register, or for more details about the training dates & requirements, contact Sheryl Pedrick at 410.557.9570, x226 or spedrick@LadewGardens.com.